General Objective: to capacitate teachers on the MiniOpenLabs approach
Participants: primary and secondary school teachers, in-training teachers, and teacher educators
Session 1: MiniOpenLabs concept and working framework
This first introductory session delves into the concept of a MiniOpenLab and will try to answer the following questions:
- What is a MiniOpenLab?
- How was the concept built?
- What are the main elements of a MiniOpenLab?
Session 2: Scope and Design
This session tries to shed light on the methodological procedure behind the implementation of a MiniOpenLab
- Which curricular areas can be worked in the MiniOpenLab?
- Who are the target participants?
- Types of student groups involved
- Methodological aspects: working with Project Based Learning
- Lab fields: STEM Routes, STEM Challenges, Archaeological site, Technological Garden
Session 3: Implementation
This session highlights the necessary aspects to bear in mind when trying to set up a MiniOpenLab.
- Creating activities to work in the MiniOpenLabs: The Activity Book
- Environmental concern
- Safety rules
Session 4: Adapting MiniOpenLabs STEM activities to CLIL
This session provides tips on how to adapt the STEM activities to a CLIL context